Information and communications technologies responsible use agreement for learners
When using information and communication technologies (ICT) at LS Van Dyk Primary I shall always use good cyber practices.
This means that I:
- Will be a confident and capable user of ICT – I know what I do and do not understand about technologies that I use. I will get help where I need it.
- Will use ICT for learning as well as other activities – I understand that technology can help me learn. I also know it can also be used to talk to people, to buy and sell things and to have my opinion heard. I know when and where it is okay to do each one
- Will think carefully about whether the information I see online is true – I know that it is easy to put information online. This means that what I see is not always right. I will always check to make sure information is real before I use it
- Will be able to speak the language of digital technologies – When people communicate online the things, they say can be quite different from a conversation they might have if they were sitting next to each other. I know that I must try to understand what people are saying before I react to them. If I am not sure, I will ask them or someone else to explain
- Understand that I may experience problems when I use technology – but that I will learn to deal with them
- I understand that there will be times when technology may not work as I expected it to or that people may be mean or unkind to me online – When these things happen, I know that there are ways I can deal with it. I also know there are people I can go to, to get help if I do not know what to do next
- Will always use ICT to communicate with others in a positive, meaningful way – I will always communicate politely and with respect online. I know that it is possible to bully or hurt people with what I say and do on the internet. I will think about the effect that my actions have on other people
- Will be honest and fair in all my actions using ICT – I will never do anything online that I know will hurt anyone. I will make sure what I do is not against the law. I will make sure that my actions do not break the rules of the websites that I use. When I am not sure about what I am doing I will ask for help
- Will always respect people’s privacy and freedom of speech online – I understand that some information is private. I will be careful when using full names, birthdays, addresses and photos of other people and of my own. I also know that I will not always agree with what people say online but that does not mean that I can stop them or use it as an excuse to be unkind to them
I understand that these guidelines for responsible use are to be followed when using technology whilst at school or whilst on any school activity. I am aware that this may include the use of a device that the school does not own.
I understand that if I breach this responsible use agreement, I may lose access to school ICT services including the use of the internet, on school owned devices or any personally owned device used at school.
Name and Surname: