Laerskool Van Dyk is committed to create a culture of teaching and learning by providing an environment for the delivery of quality teaching and learning by:
|· Promoting the rights and safety of all learners, teachers, and parents
· Ensuring learners’ responsibility for their own actions and behaviours
· Prohibiting all forms of unfair discrimination and intolerance
· Eliminating disruptive and offensive conduct this includes racism
The Code of Conduct spells out the rules regarding learner behaviour at the school and describes the disciplinary system to be implemented by the school concerning transgressions by learners. The code of conduct applies to all learners while they are on the school premises or when they are representing the school at any school function or venue.
Section 8(4) of the SA schools act provides that all learners attending a school are bound by the Code of conduct of that school. All learners attending the school are expected to sign a statement of commitment to the Code of conduct (Annexure A). The administration of the Code of Conduct is the responsibility of the disciplinary committee of the school.
Parents are expected to sign the Code of Conduct when enrolling their children.
Values and general principles that ought to be applicable are:
- Respect for fundamental human rights
- Respect for educators
- Acceptance of multiculturalism and diversity
- Respect for the environment and school facilities
- General school rules that are clear, fair and reasonable and which can be enforced and covers all aspects of school life.